In the last two post, I talked about easy makeup looks that are perfect for day-to-day wear. What those two looks really had in common were the types of products used. So for today’s post I thought it would be good to mention my top ten list of things to keep in your makeup bag that wouldn’t only allow you to create either of those two looks but would also enable you to create more dramatic makeup looks for special events or weekend plans with friends.
These products aren’t really specific to anything. They’re just here to provide examples of the items I would put as essentials in my makeup bag.
1. (From left to right) Aveeno Daily Moisturizer SPF 30- Need I say much more. I didn’t use a daily moisturizer with SPF up until the past several months and I don’t think I could go back to using one without SPF. It moisturizes and helps protect your skin from sun damage that helps cause wrinkles.
2. Benefit Hoola Bronzer- Bronzer is great for contouring and providing a bit of a glow especially during winter months.
3. NARS blush- I do love this color in the picture but I cant remember what it was called. But blush is great for when you are literally running out the door and want to look fresh faced and awake. It just adds a great little flush to your skin.
4. Bareminerals Original powder foundation- I actually used to use this type of foundation for a while until I stopped wearing foundation on a day-to-day basis. It was just light feeling on the skin and seemed to give me the perfect amount of light to medium coverage. I would add foundation (whatever suits your fancy) just for when you need a bit more coverage or have something important coming up that you want a flawless face for.
5. L’Oreal Paris Voluminous Lashes mascara- I am more of a Covergirl or Maybelline mascara person myself, but I think I might give L’Oreal a whirl. Mascara just helps open the eye, darken your lashes, and create drama. I tend to just wear mascara on my eyes on most days because it takes a lot less effort that having to create a full eye look in the morning.
6. Urban Decay Naked Basics eyeshadow palette- Really any neutral eyeshadow palette would be fine. I have the original Naked palette which I kind of love. However, I do really want the Basics palette just because I think it would be perfect for travel or everyday wear. Neutral palettes are an essential because they multitask. Neutral colors are the most versatile so they work with virtually everything.
7. Maybelline studio gel eyeliner- I find gel liners to be used in a variety of ways. Really any eyeliner pencil could probably produce a similar quality as that of the gel liner but I tend to find the gel provides a lot more definition. Liquid liners are the best for really dark, sharp precise lines but you would have a hard time smudging them for rocker smokey look. To me gel works to create defining lines and is great for when you want to smudge it. It also goes on the waterline nicely for when you want your eyes to really pop.
8. Benefit Cosmetics Erase Paste concealer- Concealer is probably one of girls best friends. From breakouts to under-eye circles, concealer hides them all. Just dab it on, set it, and go for a flawless face free from imperfections.
9. Maybelline Baby Lips lip balm- I use so many lip balms and chapsticks. I just hate it when my lips get dry and cracked so I always use lip balms morning, noon, and night. Baby Lips is good but I also really like EOS (the fun little eggs things with yummy scents) and Jack Black (Athough technically a beauty line for men, I LOVE their lip balm and wear it every single night. I could go to bed with that stuff on terribly dry lips and wake up to them being ridiculously soft).
10. Chanel Rouge red lipstick- Personally I think there is a perfect shade of red lipstick for every girl in the world. Its one of the most simplest ways to make you suddenly feel very Marilyn Monroe. A little black dress, some diamond studs, and a swipe of the most fabulous red lipstick and you could literally take the entire world by storm. That’s what the perfect shade will do, provide instant glamour.