One of my favorite go-to looks for a night out or party (in this case for a school dance) is the classic smokey eye. It adds instant drama and glamour and only takes a couple of minutes to complete.
Don’t worry, I promise you wont end up looking like little J’s real-life alter ego Taylor. Instead we are going to end up with a lovely look similar to this one of Kim K’s.
Whether or not you are a fan of the Kardashians, you have to admit Kim’s eyes look stunning whenever she does her gorgeous signature smokey eye.
1) Start out with an eyelid primer. This helps your shadow from creasing throughout the night.
2) Take a medium grey or brown eyeshadow color and sweep it along your lids.
3) Then take a darker (I prefer black for this unless I am doing a brown smokey eye, I mix a little bit of black in with the dark brown) shade of grey or brown and blend it onto the outer corners of your eyes taking it a little into the crease. The darker color sort of contours the eye and creates more dimension.
4) Brush a light cream color onto your brow bones to lift your brows and help blend out any super harsh lines or unevenness and a bit on the inner corners of your eyes to open them up just a bit.
5) Line to top lashes of you eyes with a black eyeliner (you could really use any type of liner but I prefer khol or liquid eyeliner for this)
6) Sweep two coats of mascara onto your top and bottom lashes while wiggling the brush to create more volume.
7) Finish off the look with some black eyeliner on your waterline (my favorite kind for this is Maybellines black gel liner because it lasts forever on the waterline while others tend to kind of fade)
P.S. Don’t forget to fill in your brows with a color that matches (or closely resembles) your hair color. They frame your face more than anything.
P.P.S. Unless you need some serious drama with a red lipcolor, keep your lips a neutral color to keep everything looking balanced out.