It’s no lie, giraffes are my favorite animal.
One of the biggest struggles of finals week is the heavy workload and everything you need to survive being stuffed into your backpack. Here is my list of essentials:
1) Colored pens and highlighters. . . and lots of them. Color coordinating important things in your books and notes helps you remember them. Having a lot of them ensures that when you’re in the middle of an essay and your pen dies, you have another ready to go.
2) Glasses. I usually don’t wear my contacts during finals week. I just don’t have the time in the morning to fiddle with them when I’m trying to run out the door so my glasses are always in my bag. They also make you look more studious.
3) Laptop. Laptops are becoming smaller and lighter nowadays. I do a good majority of my schoolwork on my computer so I like to take it with me everywhere. Some professors are starting to put their material, textbooks, and even exams online so its always handy to have.
4) My coffee cup. As I live and breathe, nothing gets me awake enough to conquer the day like a good cup of coffee. Instead of paying $5 for Starbucks, I just make my own and carry it with me. Some coffee shops also allow you do get a house roast (essentially just their plain coffee) so I also like to carry a couple single serve coffee creamers in my bag.
5) Advil. I get massive headaches during finals week. And this week, I also have the delight of a cold so I keep a couple Dayquil with me as well.
6) Chaptsick. ‘Nuff said.
7) Textbooks. How else are you going to study without the material itself.
8) Agenda. I love my Lilly agenda! It keeps me on top of everything I need to get done. I write a list of things to accomplish that day and highlight them as I get them done.
9) Sweatshirt. Libraries, student centers, and coffeeshops have a tendency of getting really cold. I don’t know about you, but I can never focus when I’m freezing. I always keep my university sweatshirt in my backpack so I can stay warm and focused.
During finals week, I usually leave my dorm between 8-9 in the morning and am gone for a majority of the day. So, I need to have everything packed to get myself through the day. (I forgot to put headphones on the list!! Those are an absolute must-have)